Posting this for a highly skilled glass artist buddy: If you’re interested in a group buy on some custom Bullseye Tekta (clear) glass, check this out:
My name is Lawrence Morrell and I am considering a custom order for either the Tekta 1100 (green) or 1101 (crystal clear) in 12 mm (about 1/2 inch) or other thickness (custom size). Is anyone interested in going in together on this?
- Two people would be about $1,515 ea for 7-8 sheets
- 3 people would be $1,012. for 5 sheets
- We can change the length but all must have the same width (see below)
From Sarah Givens at Bullseye:
Here’s the breakdown of costs on a special order of the 12mm Tekta (1100), in sheets approximately 24” x 40”.
- Estimated* weight per sheet – 44 lbs per sheet
- 44lbs x $4.00/lb = $176
- $176 x 15 sheets (minimum order) = $2,640
- $2640 + 15% special order fee = $3,036 (estimated total cost of the special order)
* We recommend having a 2” buffer on all edges, at least, for ease of trimming down
We can get a pretty uniform 24” width, but the length of each sheet will vary, affecting the weight/cost of each sheet.
Timing: Expect 8 weeks lead time, but once ordered & scheduled for production, I can get a better estimate on timeline.
If you’re interested, add a comment (below), or visit the artist’s website (lawrencemorrell.com) and leave email for him there.